Did I mention I’m a mother now? Here’s my new blog: Love and Dribble. It’s been a while, so please be gentle.
I loved my baby bump. But it did act as a homing beacon for every ignoramus within a twelve mile radius. Here’s my list of 21 things not to say to any woman harbouring a mini person in her uterus. Utter them at your peril:
- “It’s a miracle isn’t it? To think that a baby’s head can fit through an opening that small”. I was just sick in my mouth a little bit.
- “Are you worried it’ll get your nose?” I wasn’t.
- “Ooh, can I have a feel?!” You already have your hand on my belly.
- “I can see you’re eating for two already…” I have just spent sixteen weeks with my head down a toilet. What’s your excuse?
- “For the love of God, don’t name it Barry!” Well, I wasn’t planning to. She might get picked on at school.
View original post 569 more words